Thursday, August 2, 2007

Putting it together...

In the past two months, I've trained 162 hours. I've also been to Vermont (x3), Michigan, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Western MA, Buffalo NY, Seattle, Cincinnati OH, and Minnesota. And then I got sick. Huh.

Still planning on racing saturday (I already paid, dammit!), and then Jess and I are doing something very typical of a skier... run 13mi. Mostly downhill. Rollerski 25mi. Mostly uphill. Bike 50mi. Up and down hills. Woooo!!!! Training!!!! How DO I get so excited about these sorts of shenanigans? I guess I better put some pedals on my bike before this weekend.

2 comments:

Colin R said...

162 hours in 2 months puts you on pace for 972 in the year. Given that the mean for Elite Ski Racers listed in this study was 556 (http://coachesinfo.com/category/becoming_a_better_coach/347/),
you're either going to be very fast or very overtrained. Good luck and be careful.

Alex said...

Its not like I'm going to stay at this volume all year! silly. plus, two months is more than two "cycles". So its actually not as impressive as it sounds. But it is a lot...