Friday, November 7, 2008

Missed starts

I wake up, too frequently, from nightmares at races. I'll be standing in the start pen only to realize I'm still wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, and then I realize I don't even have my skis. And they'll call my name, I'm starting in a minute, and I realize I'm not warmed up, I haven't waxed my skis, and I've lost my bib. Frantic running around ensues, complete with a moment where I am trying to get jeans off over snow clogs, do you ever get those stuck moments in dreams? The running feeling where you can't run fast enough, you're running through water, trying to find a tube of klister but then you realize its 20 degrees and snowing and you're even farther from being ready than you were at the beginning...

Hopefully this means I won't miss any starts this winter.

No comments: