Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New Car!



Yup, I found another honda. This one isn't white, though. Hopefully it will have better luck than the white hondas in my life. Here's to no more rolled cars.

I rollerskied this morning. This is the earliest I've ever rollerskied, I think. And definitely this is the earliest I've ever done specific strength. What am I thinking?? I guess I'm not, I just listen to the guy with more capital letters behind his name and do what he says and hope it works.

More shots from my dad two weekends ago:

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Sometimes, I really don't like my coach...

Nice car. Hope it takes you miles and miles - SAFELY!

Christopher Tassava said...

Nice wheels! I'd been idly wondering what happened after the accident...

I'll say again that orienteering looks like fun. I'm still looking for a nearby race to try this summer or fall. I hope there are no beagles entered, though - I wouldn't stand a chance.

Luke S said...

I rollerskied today too! On new rollerskis! And it was actually kinda fun!

Zoo said...

hope you didn't have the bike no the top when you rolled your car. Those orienteering races look pretty cool. Are those college specific races?

Alex said...

Orienteering is not at all collegiate, although there is an intercollegiate championship, mostly attended by West Point and other military-type schools... I never took part in that, which was too bad. Around here, meets are run by local clubs, the clubs here are CSU, NEOC, and UNO.

You can find meets on their websites, and the meets always have instruction for first-time orienteers, if you're ever interested. There are different levels of difficulty, so you start with the easy courses until you feel confident enough to do a more technical one. If you're in the Boston area, I highly recommend the "park-o's" that CSU puts on, since they're short, after work, and close to home. Plus, they're fun!

Zoo said...

sweetness, thanks!

josh said...

can we ghostride your new car sometime? please?

Alex said...

Josh: no.