Friday, November 30, 2012

End of an era

Last Monday, we put down my old dog, Tira.  She was nearly 17, but had been living a good life, full of quality - good sniffercizes, delicious chikkum, nice snuggles.  Then, something happened, she got sick overnight, and started having a lot of trouble breathing, and spent a day and a half not eating.  pant pant pant, groan, pant pant pant, groan.  It was hard to watch her like that.  By Monday morning we knew it was over, and took her to the vet to end it.  I haven't cried that much in a long time.  I grew up with this dog, she gave me focus and love during awkward teenager days, she gave me a purpose.  All I could give her at the end were kisses and tears.  Hopefully she's joined Rudi and the great beagle in the sky by now, and will be reincarnated as a puppy to give some other family joy.  What a dog.









Now my parents' house is dogless.  Feels so empty.

No comments: