Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Headcam video

The last day of the ski-o tour, I wore Ed's GoPro headcam, and then we uploaded the video to attackpoint so you can see it alongside the map. Technology is so cool. The video is here, although I have to warn you that the language (interspersed with the heavy breathing) is not exactly pg13. Not much oxygen up at 7000ft, and Ed was referring to controls 6-8 as the "wheeze train".

My body has been pretty slow to recover from the six days of racing in seven days. At altitude, with a cold. The cold still lingers, and my legs are feeling tired and heavy for the first time this season. Combined with a lack of snow down south, it could be depressing, but I had a truly lovely time skiing around on the frozen granular up at Trapps last weekend, despite feeling like I was hauling a fully laden sled behind me. I can't wait to be done with my 500-miles-a-week driving diet...

Eastern Cup finals are this weekend, and I'll race at least Sunday. Saturday I get to coach both teams, and I'm not sure body wants two races in a row yet. This "self restraint" thing is a strange concept, I'm not sure I like it. But you gotta try a new thing every once in a while!

2 comments:

Hill Junkie said...

That is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Nice work out there.

Ari said...

I agree. Very cool. Now I am tired and kind of feel like I want to vom. Bedtime I guess.