Monday, August 25, 2008

Lake Placid




It feels like fall up here a little bit, the leaves are turning on some early maples and the temperatures are more bearable. Barely...

I arrived yesterday, after picking up Kathleen in Tilton (near that awesome Thai food place where I'm totally stopping for dinner on the way home...), and we bopped over to Hanover, where I left my car and we piled into Alice's prius. What a cool car. We arrived at the olympic training center (OTC) only ten minutes late, luckily we weren't the latest ones, and even before checking in, we headed out for some double pole intervals on Bear Cub rd. Apparently some of the locals have been getting quite annoyed at rollerskiers this summer, causing the OTC to tell us we can't come back if they get too many more complaints. For all we know, it could be skiers just here for the summer causing the problems, but I can see how a huge group of guys taking over the whole road would annoy the average driver...

We avoided angry drivers and did our intervals, which were great fun--who doesn't like to double pole up hills? Today we started out with a distance skate ski, working on some no pole, and this afternoon we're headed over to Cascade Mt. for an easy jog/hike, followed by some core strength. Hopefully it won't rain on us...


I was in the "blue suit" yesterday-- matches the hills behind me =)

No comments: