Thursday, June 26, 2008

If only all dopers were this dumb...

"...Mr. Kyro did not aid his own case as he forgot a bag containing doping items (plasma expander Hemohes) at a Finnish gas station during the Lahti games which was picked up by the police."

Full article.

I really like to think that skiers are clean. Nothing pains me more than to have a colleague or other non-athletic person ask me if I think there is doping going on in skiing, even at my level. Of course I don't want to think its happening! Why would I compete if I thought everyone else were doped? How can you be a fan if you suspect someone is cheating? Such a depressing topic. Wouldn't it be sweet if there were massive phenotypic changes when someone cheated, like they grew wings or something? Literally, not figuratively. Then we could nail 'em with birdshot...

No comments: