Monday, June 30, 2008

Humidity sucks

I'm not doing much racing these days. Believe it or not, I'm actually following through with my goal of only traveling every other weekend this summer, and amazingly enough, I have more money in my bank account now than I did at the start of the summer! Actually earning money is kind of a crazy new concept for me. But I also feel rested, motivated, and happy, which is not something I could have said last year at this time. Between April and July last year, I had had surgery, traveled to Michigan for a family reunion, traveled to West Virginia for a week for work, driven to Buffalo for a wedding, ridden the gaps, run the presidential traverse, raced in two mountain bike races and multiple orienteering events, and I hadn't been home on a weekend yet. I guess it is no surprise that I feel rested compared to last year.

Alas, this also means no race reports, which are really the only purpose of a blog. I could regale you with tales of strawberry-picking expeditions, or rollerskiing up the Fitchburg time trial hill (which has the worst pavement I have ever skied on), or riding my bike slowly in circles, but that just doesn't have the same ability to captivate like a race report. So I've decided that I need to use my camera more, and write less. We'll see how that works out...


Anna in her new Colavita kit after hanging in with the men at the Heartbreak Hill race.

What do you do when you have lots of strawberries to use up? Make an overly elaborate strawberry dessert thing, of course! (it has ladyfingers, soaked in a mix of lamic and strawberry syrup, strawberry mousse, angel food cake, strawberry sauce, strawberries, more strawberry mousse, and then stars cut out of angel food cake dipped in strawberry sauce)


No comments: